Before Mr. Yonge had taken Holy Orders, he had studied medicine in one of the London hospitals, and perhaps this gave him the idea of directing that another portion of the charity should be spent in medical aid for the poor parishioners, who were not receiving parish relief, and he bequeathed a sum of money to the Plymouth Public Dispensary, on condition that each year an adequate number of tickets of admission should be at the disposal of the vicar of Cornwood.

The Rook Charity was founded in 1700 by the Fortescues of Hangar, who conveyed to trustees a messuage and tenement called East Rooke, alias Reed's or Wakeham's Rooke and the rent of this farm is now spent at Christmas, in blankets, coal and clothing.

In 1875 a small school room for infants was built by some of the landowners of the parish at Lutton, on land belonging to Yonge's Charity trust and subsequently an addition was made by Admiral Parker, to form a chancel and vestry, for use when the room is required for Divine Service, and in 1885 Lord Blachford built a house for the school teacher, also situated on land belonging to the same trust.